I don't want to make this too long, but I do have a few updates and a prayer request to share. Yesterday we went to church, went out for coffee, then came back to church where one of our friends prepared a meal for us.
We stayed at church the rest of the afternoon before catching a bus to the Kroeker's house for team fellowship time. We prayed for each other and the upcoming week, and then I sat down at the piano while everyone gathered round, and we sang hymns together. What an amazing time. I especially enjoyed hearing the kids sing along. It was so good to play the piano, and in a capacity that I am normally not used to. I was definitely stretched but encouraged to see that I can do things I may normally dismiss as too difficult.
Then, we stuck around, played a game of Blokus, and eventually watched the U.S. vs. Brazil soccer game. It was funny because they had the soccer game on the TV and a baseball game pulled up on the internet across the room, so we had our choice of sports! Overall, it was just a great evening!
Today, I met with Tim all morning to talk about my "final project" here. I have been assigned a story to write highlighting transportation in Genova and how it reflects (yet also influences) the dominant culture. It was encouraging to talk to Tim and get a little more guidance for what they want the final outcome to look like. I have now been equipped with a video camera and plan to hit the transportation systems tomorrow to document life here. Please pray for clarity in writing and videoing and that I would be able to get this all nailed down by Sunday. I am excited to have the opportunity to write but just hope I can get it all accomplished in time in a manner that honors and glorifies God and is a blessing to those who read it. Thank you again for your prayers!
Ciao!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gotcha covered, Janae! What a neat opportunity to use your gifts. May God guide your thoughts and your documenting...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your time in Italia! :)
Rachel