Friday, July 3, 2009

Progress

I am happy to say I have made progress on my final project. I have finished a rough draft of the article and spent some time videoing. Last Tuesday, I spent the morning riding and documenting many of Genova's transportation systems, including the Bus, Navebus, Metro, Train, and Ascensore. I then was invited to the Kroekers' for lunch to celebrate Amee's birthday. I have really enjoyed getting to know the kids!


The Kroeker Kids

Wednesday was the weekly team meeting. Everyone came over to our apartment, and Rebecca made lunch. After we ate, the team finalized a strategic plan for the rest of the year. That evening, I babysat the Debelak boys so Andrew and Natalie could go out and meet with certain key contacts they are trying to reach.

Thursday, I headed down to Jacob's Well to begin putting together my video project. I was rather disappointed to find the quality of the video seriously lacking. I admit I was discouraged after seeing how shaky a lot of it was. Rebecca and I went with Tim and Andrew to eat at da Maria, a local restaurant.



My green pasta at da Maria

Today, we spent the day at the beach. Although we had fun, we were also able to engage in some conversations about spiritual matters. In the morning, we went with the Debelak's and a friend of theirs to a private beach at Recco. We enjoyed Focaccia Formaggio in the city it originated. The gelato was also delicious! In the afternoon, we went to another beach where we met a young Italian believer and some of her friends. She actually spent a year in Wichita for an exchange program, so I felt like we had an instant connection. We got a lot of sun today, and I am pretty tired as a result!


I ordered pistaccio gelato at Recco

Beach at Bogliasco

I would appreciate your continued prayers as I try to wrap up this article and plan to work more on the video tomorrow. Sometimes it is hard to fit everything together.

In other news, we are planning a trip to Rome on Monday and Tuesday. Natalie and Amee will go with us. I am so excited! Please pray for our safety as we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment