Tuesday marked the end of our Italian lessons. I am not fluent in the least. I know the basic greetings and can recognize random words, but I wish I understood more! We made a new friend in class, and it has been good to get to know and spend time with her.
A New Friend
Wednesday was the weekly team meeting. It has been so good to sit in on these meetings and hear their struggles and strategies and see the direction they are heading next.
Team Meeting
Thursday, we went to Jacob's Well for another meeting. I was able to discuss some things about the team's communication with supporters back home. We also discussed more about the team's strategies here in Italy.
Then, the Kroeker's invited Rebecca and I over for lunch. It was so good to finally get to sit down with members of the team in a more personal setting and hear their individual stories. And yes, I did drink coffee after the meal.
Coffee with Tim, the team leader
Later that evening, we attended a birthday party for one of the kids on the team. It was great to once again spend time with the team.
Birthday Party
Friday, we met one of the women on the team, and she took us to experience an open air market. Vendors had set up all along the street selling items from fruit and vegetables to clothing. We then went over to the Debelak's for lunch. Again, it was great to visit more personally with the team members.
Yes, more cappuccino
We then went to the aquarium with our friend from school. We were able to have some good conversation while there.
Medusa (Jellyfish)
And finally, today, we took it easy. We went to a nice beach and had a swim in the Mediterranean. The weather was beautiful, and the water was nice.
Beach at Spotorno
Later, we, along with Dustin, enjoyed pizza at the Debelak's. We spent the evening laughing and playing games. And that wraps up the week!
janae,this is shanna from Avant's home office. i just wanted you to know that we're reading your blog, and we keep you in our prayers! your internship looks like it's been a good mix of education, adventure and fun. enjoy the rest of your summer!
ReplyDelete