Friday, May 15, 2009

The Start of My Journey

My internship in Italy is fast approaching. Two weeks from today, I will be in Kansas City undergoing training for my summer in Genoa. Then, on May 31st, I will board a plane for Europe. It is hard to believe the time has gone so quickly!

I am excited about this opportunity with Avant Ministries and have been encouraged to see God at work in my life. From the moment I was accepted into the program (after the deadline!), He has watched over me and provided for my needs. I have been blessed by the generosity of so many friends and family members who have shown their support. Thank you!

I am now making final preparations to leave as I wrap up my third year at Tabor. I still have some material to read and some shopping to do. I am also trying to figure out what I need to pack! I am excited to meet Rebecca in Kansas City, the other intern with whom I will be serving. Please pray for us as we anticipate serving in Italy this summer!

I would also appreciate your prayers for:


--team unity
--a humble and teachable spirit
--self-discipline in spending time with God
--travel safety
--confidence and trust as I take this step of faith

Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment