Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Adventure Begins!

I have arrived in Kansas City! After a morning of packing and some last-minute shopping, my bags are finally zipped shut and ready to go. My family brought me to Kansas City, where we arrived at Avant headquarters late this afternoon.






Upon arrival, I met the lady who has coordinated the internship and was introduced to many other individuals. I think it will take some time to learn all the names! After supper with my family, I was given the key to my room at the guest house, where I will stay during orientation.



Guest House



I was the first to arrive and have had time to get settled in. My evening so far has been spent reading a short devotional, writing my personal testimony, and taking a few pictures. I also hope to start reading Dr. Paul Nyquist's book, There is NO TIME before the other interns begin arriving. Rebecca flies in tonight, and I am excited to meet her!




My Room


Orientation officially begins at noon tomorrow, and it looks like us interns will have a full afternoon of prayer, worship, and familiarizing ourselves with Avant. I am excited to see what lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment